Amis of the Seas|
[Most Recent Entries]
Below are the 8 most recent journal entries recorded in
Amis of the Seas' LiveJournal:
|Sunday, September 14th, 2003|
A second chapter!!!
So, FINALLY, in an attempt to salvage this brilliant community...( I give you Chapter 2!Collapse )
They still have to find Gavroche, mind ye, but at least I got them on the ship. Perhaps we could try to have a chapter a week? Or something along those lines? Current Mood: energetic
|Tuesday, August 26th, 2003|
OT: Who wants to be next?
I'm sure you all know that stories like to have second chapters, for the sake of continuity and all, yet no one seems particularly eager to help this poor little story out and give it what it's always wanted; that second chapter.
It doesn't have to be long, and you don't need to do it straight away (though the sooner the better). I'd just like to have someone say that they'll do it.
So, any takers?
OT: A bloody murder
Because I feel like killing people at the moment, I was wondering if anyone would object too much to letting me be the one to kill off at least a couple of the crew members? Not the barricade boys, the actual sailors who'll serve no purpose after a few chapters. *g*
|Friday, August 22nd, 2003|
Seein' as how I be in charge of makin' this here community look respectable for such honorable pirates as we all be, I'm on a search for a Les Mis picture gallery so I can get to work on the layout. If any of ye scurvy landlubbers knows where I can find such a gallery (with good shots of Les Amis, since this is a community dedicated to them, after all) speak now, or find yerself at the bottom of Davy Jones's Locker!
Sincerely, Pirate Moderator Lizzie
|Wednesday, August 20th, 2003|
( Chapter 1Collapse )
OT: Voila, mes amis. Now, I was thinking the next chapter could be set at the time of their departure, but if you have better ideas, go ahead. If you do write their departure, don't forget to have Gavroche found hiding on board.
OT: Naming the ship
Okay, now the ship needs a name. I'm taking any suggestions and votes, and whichever is the most popular will be the final name.
Also, I'm going to be putting the 10 students on board, as well as an experienced crew (who can be dumped or killed off at will after a couple of chapters), and Gavroche, who decided to bring himself along. Any objections? Any other important things you want to bring up before I finish the first chapter?
Here's the arbritary boring stuff before we get started. Now, I know most of you fairly well, and trust you not to do anything silly, but we never know who we'll pick up along the way, and this is just here to try to keep things tidy. If you have any suggestions or grievances, tell me, and I'll change it.
Speaking of which, does anyone know whether you can edit entries in a community?
Don't worry. I worked it out :D
- In general, each post/chapter will correspond to an adventure
suffered undergone by the Boys. However, if you decide that you’d rather leave a chapter for someone else to finish, that’s also fine
- Not every post has to be a full adventure. If you prefer, you can concentrate on the goings-on on-board the ship, because I’m sure there’ll be plenty of them
- To volunteer to write the next chapter, leave a comment in the current chapter and, as long as no one else has already claimed the chapter, it’s yours
- Just so we have some degree of continuity, try to stick to what has been established in past chapters, unless you can find a plausible way to get around it. So for instance, if Joly was to have a hand bitten off by a goldfish, he won’t be using a bow and arrows any time soon
- Stay “realistic”. By this, I mean no time travelling, and no magic. Now, we’re not too concerned about canon (after all, sending les Amis off on a sailing trip is hardly canon), so if something happens outside the confines of the text, so be it. These things happen. However, Les Mis is set in the real world, so remember that when writing. There will be exceptions, of course, such as perhaps a sea monster or two to spice things up. If in doubt, ask myself or Lizzie
- While we’re not quite Nazis about it, we like grammar, punctuation and spelling. While we won’t hunt you down for some small typo (and there are probably plenty in this post alone), a chapter written in txt tlk or teenspeak will be frowned upon, and may result in your being asked to leave the community. Likewise, blatant Marie Suzettes and improbable creatures (ie elves, unicorns, sorcerers, etc) will most likely be killed off bloodily and painfully fairly quickly.
- There is no time limit on chapters, and no pressure to post. We prefer well-written chapters to chapters which have just been scribbled down for the sake of writing something. Having said this, if you’ve volunteered to write the next chapter and we haven’t heard from you in over a month, we may let someone else have a turn
- Respect each other’s writing. We have quite a mixed bunch of writing style and experience in the fandom here, so not every chapter will be of the same standard. If something happens that you don’t agree with, you can always undo it in the next chapter. And of course, if you’re new to the fandom and want someone to check your chapter, I or one of the others will happily look at it
- Lastly, have fun. The rules may seem daunting, but most of them are just general fan fic courtesy. Lizzie and I are here to make things go smoothly, so if you have questions, ask. And in the meantime, keep your muses happy, because this is going to ROC!
|Tuesday, August 19th, 2003|
This is the home of the Amis of the Seas fic (just a name I gave it for the sake of having a name), but posting is closed until the community's ready, so just be patient for a little.madamelefantome
will be in charge of the layout and prettying up the community, as well as being joint co-mod with me, so be nice to her :)
I'll be posting the rules soon, so stay tuned